Imam Vacancy at Belfast Islamic Centre
Revised Application Deadline
Monday, 31-08-2020 5pm
Post Title: Junior IMAM
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualification
Hours: 20 hours
• To spiritually lead the congregation at the Belfast Islamic Centre.
• To support and assist the diverse congregation of the BIC on spiritual and community Matters
• To support and assist BIC’s executive committee in establishing & maintaining Belfast Islamic Centre as a ‘model Mosque and Islamic Centre’.
– Lead Prayer and other religious services
– Responds to all inquiries and debates regarding Islamic matters and issues
– To teach short courses in Islamic Sciences, Shari’ah and Quran and other relevant Subjects.
– To facilitate visits from local schools and Non-Muslims where possible
– To establish & maintain regular Islamic circle programs
– To support the Men, Sisters and Youth programmes in conjunction with the relevant committees and groups.
– To facilitate regular classes for memorization of Quran for kids.
– To hold ‘surgeries’ for public to access advice and counselling.
– Hold Marriage counselling sessions with prospective couples prior to ceremonies.
– To have experience with non-Muslims (using hikma in approach)
– To understand and deal with first and second generation Muslim issues
– To have knowledge and awareness of cultural differences when dealing with the
– To be aware and promote BIC public profile in a positive manner
– Provide support to BIC staff in managing day-to-day business
– Support projects of the BIC, as and when required
– To support the various fundraising initiatives of the BIC
– Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of the post
– Required to also work over weekends, as and when required.
Further details can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested, please send your CV with evidence of how you meet the criteria to email@example.com
Belfast Islamic Centre
Full information at this link.